CHAX 8.0 Upgrade Instructions:
- Make sure no one is running CHAX on any other machine (if networked)
- IMPORTANT! Create a backup copy of your entire CHAX database. On version 5.0 and earlier, the default folder is “C:\WINCHAX\”. The default folder for version 6.0 and 7.0 are in “C:\Program Files\CHAX”. The best way to create a duplicate copy of the folder and paste somewhere else like a flash drive or CD.
- Uninstall your previous version of CHAX.
- Install CHAX 8. Point the installation process to the original database folder.
- Run CHAX 8. Users of Chax 5.0 and earlier, please use the default username and password below.
- Select your printer and correct tray during CHAX 8 startup.
- Test functionality by printing a check.