“Unable to connect to QuickBooks, HRESULT = XXXXXXXXXX (XXXXXXXX)
This application has not accessed this QuickBooks company data file before. The QuickBooks administrator must grant an application permission to access a QuickBooks company data file for the first time.”
If you are running the QuickBooks software from a server (terminal or citrix) or Windows 7/Vista, please skip to Option #2.
Option # 1
- Open QuickBooks, and open an existing company (or sample company).
- Login to the company file as the “ADMIN” username.
- Open MCSetup and select “I am running QuickBooks”.
- An application certificate will appear if the connection has been made.
- Grant the application MultiChax access to the company data file.
- Continue in MCSetup.
Option # 2
- Right click on the link and download the Multichax Workaround here: http://chax.com/downloads/quicken.ico
- Save the file under c:\multichx\
- When you open MCSETUP.exe, instead of selecting “I AM RUNNING QUICKBOOKS”, select instead, “I AM RUNNING QUICKEN”
- You will then have to validate quicken is installed by browsing for the c:\multichx\quicken.ico file (generated by mcquicken.exe)